Why write the whole game in ASM?
- Because it was fun and easy for us to write complex stuff like a RTS game in ASM.
- Because we have learned a lot about the CPU and OS in the process
What are the NEW things in this game?
Here are some of them:
- Four very diferent Races: Terran, Gods, Machines and Lords
- Interesting weapons and tech tree ideas
- Inovative Game Replay feature that shows the exact enemy moves, mouse clicks...
- It is fast and requires modest resources to run
What is the minimum recomended machine for normal play?
- Dual Core or i3 CPU at 1Ghz
- 512Mb RAM
- 16Mb video board
- 500Mb free space on HDD
- P3/P4 CPU at 700Mhz - 1300Mhz
- 256Mb RAM
- 8Mb video board
- 200M free space on HDD
- P2 CPU at 400Mhz
- 64Mb RAM
- 4Mb video board
- 128Mb free space on HDD
How do I play a network game?
Create Network Game
- Click the rotating planet choose "Create Net Game" option
- Choose TCP/IP protocol (most likely)
- Wait for others (better talk with them before) to join your game
- If your IP is routed to internet, game will be visible to internet also
- Choose options, wait a bit for them to propagate to clients, then start game
- If game stalls/crashes press F4 to disconect
Join Network Game
- Basically same steps as above but you first must edit the he_servers.txt file
in the \bin folder and add the IP of the server (guy who created the game) in the list.
The first commented line in the file is required! Get the IP via chat,email,phone or ICQ/AIM/etc.
- After the click on the TCP/IP box choose the IP of the server from the listbox on the right.
- Internet play is still experimental.
- You might need to disable your firewall or allow the full DirectPlay range of ports