Solar OS API - Files
You are here: ->
File API ->
API_File_Open PROC STDCALL
This function Opens an file with the filename given as parametter.
A pointer to the null terminated string that represents the
filename to be open.
- EAX = handle of file if sucessful
- EAX = -1 (0xFFFFFFFF) if file could not be opened
- file could not be opened / found
- the filename is relative or non canonical
- drive number is unknown
- file system is unknown
The filename canonical format is:
Current version can only parse absolute filename paths.
Local or relative paths are not supported.
It is fair to assume that future versions will
- support relative paths
- support some form of flags for
the type of open or desired access.
Applications should close file handles on exit.